Our BTO is finally ready for keys collection after a 4-year hiatus. It's definitely one of the HDB BTO projects which took the longest time to complete despite it being a small development of just 4 blocks.I'll be using this page to document our 4 room BTO Renovation Journey so please continue scrolling to access the links for the respective part of our Muji Home Renovation Journey
- The bold decision to convert the original living room to Sticky Bean's bedroom (scroll down for image)
- Can you do minimalist design with a kid living in the same house?
- How to get more storage space? (we have so much storage 40% of them are still empty)
HDB Cement Screeding
We're lucky in the sense that we applied for our BTO in 2014, just months before HDB announces that they will stop providing cement screeding out of goodwill. So we managed to do an appeal at HDB Branch office and have it done for us. The goodwill cement screeding provided by HDB is up till 40 mm only whereas you will need a height of 50 mm for vinyl hence the contractor will quote you estimated SGD900 additional for a 4 room BTO like ours. Lead time takes up to 4 weeks upon submission of the form to HDB branch office.
You can only submit the form upon HDB defects rectification completion.
So on 9 October 2018, we finally collected our keys and did our BTO Door Opening Ceremony Ritual. You can read about our BTO Door Opening Ceremony Ritual here
I was still worried if the block in front of us would have blocked our view but that worry was cast aside the moment we entered our BTO. Simply love the view from our 30th-floor unit.
Would love to get a 5 room unit since it will be a lot more spacious but it's a pity that HDB does not launch 5 room units in mature estates for some reasons so we have to settle for our 4 room BTO in exchange for the convenience of the location.
Here's the milestone of our Muji Style BTO Renovation Journey with links where applicable.
- 1 Oct 2018: Our ID hunt begins
- 9 Oct 2018:
- 13 Oct 2018: Done defect rectification submission to BSC & joint inspection done
- 17 Oct 2018: Received notification, defect rectifications done!!!
- 22 Oct 2018: Submit Smooth Floor Rendering request (cement screed) to HDB Toa Payoh Branch office
- 30 Oct 2018:
- How to choose the right ID - The Chosen One
- ID submitted reno permit to HDB same week
- 11 Nov 2018: Our Muji Style 4rm BTO Reno 3D Layout Plan
- 15-19 Nov 2018 - Hacking of Bedroom 3 & service yard walls and cement screeding done
- 26 Nov 2018: Electrical works start, cement screeding levelling done, service yard window up
- 7 Dec 2018: Air-con trunking completed, paid an additional $108 for trunking as we exceeded the free length provided by GainCity, boxed up complete
- 15 Dec 2018:
- Confirmation carpentry works
- EG Lights Review - Bought all 17 lights and 2 Bestar ceiling fan with lights, from EG Lights
- 21 Dec 2018
- 26 Dec 2018 - Our Muji Home Reno Journey: Let's Warm our Feet with Vinyl flooring
- 4 Jan 2019
- Start of cabinet carpentry
- Bathroom counters installed
- 5 Jan 2019
- Hafary pick tiles for bathroom
- Our Muji Home Reno Journey: Carpentry done
- Met Shade and Shades for binds quotation
- Uniarm installed @ $60
- 8 Jan 2019 - MBR bathroom tiles up
- 9 Jan 2019 - delivery of hood, hob, washing machine by Gain city & oven by courts
- 11 Jan 2019: Fan technician from BeStar to check on fan due to 'ticking' sound
- 12 Jan 2019:
- Bomb shelter rack installation 150 cm @ $140
- Another Blinds vendor appt
- EG lights on-site technician to replace 2 lights
- 13 Jan 2019: Confirmation of blinds with Blinds Guru at $988, Korean combi blinds
- 14 Jan 2019 - Aircon installation
- 18 Jan 2019 - First Taobao sea shipment arrives
- 19 Jan 2019
- LeGate Invisible grilles installation postponed due to their mistake *very pissed*
- Official project handover from ID, our Muji home is completed!
- Ikea delivery 10 -1pm - mainly for Sticky Bean's room and kitchen storage
- 1st cleaning done - DIYed
- 24 Jan 2019
- Muji bed delivery
- Fortytwo delivery - TV cabinet and Sticky Bean's wardrobe
- 1 Feb 2018
- Blinds guru installation
- Takashimaya pots delivery